Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mysterious Ways?

You know God works in mysterious ways and I had an experience that I just had to share which proves my point about Gods work.

One day after coming back from the store with my daughter (when she was much younger) we came upon a man waiting by the bus stop. At first glance I knew we must help him in anyway we could; and what do we tell our children when they are growing up never talk to strangers’ right? Well not in this case it was something you just could not ignore even if you tried. With that being said I told my daughter to get in the back seat and pray for us to have a safe journey with the man we did not know.

The man looked as though he had fallen and was trying to get up because he was on one knee, elderly, slender and frail looking. He had a patch over his left eye and it seemed to be draining and flowed from under the patch. He explained that he not long ago had eye surgery and that every once in a while it would have some seepage. So I asked if he was okay and if he needed a ride home he replied, ‘Yes I could use a ride and thank you for your kindness.” I helped the man into the car and got in myself and asked him where he was going. It turned out that he lived right behind my parent’s house and I was going home anyway so it was not out of the way. Now get this, he was at the bus stop that went in the opposite direction of where he needed to go; this poor man was in a bad way.

I turned down his street which was a two way street, but he lived on the other side so I needed to make a u-turn to place him right in front of his house. Instead the gentleman said oh no please you are fine and you have done enough for me this is ok I will walk across the street. Seeing how this just did not settle with me I told him oh no worry I do not mind turning around so you do not have to walk and it is no trouble for me at all. The man I did not know insisted so I let him out and before departed he gave me a fifty dollar bill for just going a few blocks. I told him oh no need for that it was my pleasure to help you and you do not need to pay me anything. Again insisting he left the bill on the car seat and closed the door and said thank you and left. I was in tears.

Once I got to the corner I did not feel right leaving him the way I did so I turned around and speed back to see that he made it to the house but he was gone. Mind you it took me less than a minute to turn around and he was gone. Explain that! Remember I said he was elderly and frail a man with only one Seeing Eye where could he have gone that quickly. We even went through the alley way to see if he was in the back and there was no one. Unbelievable!

Well this story is not over yet, the very next day I got a flat tire and I needed a new one and I would not have had any money to buy one if I had not meet the man I did not know. Now that you have got goose bumps maybe you can return the favor and share what God has done for you. This was a true story.

Thanks for reading and God loves you.

No comments: