Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'm Home

So I arrive home to find things were not in tack like my last visit. I had a lot of work to do. Bills needed to be paid and my mother did not realize that her health insurance payment was over due. This situation was so bad. I needed to figure out what steps I needed to take first.

I did my own assessment of mommy and I could see that she was slowly becoming a shell of my mother and fading away. This disease is so cruel and it slowly strips one of themselves leaving only a shell of what the person used to be.

First, the nurse had said mommy should never drive again I had to be the one to tell her again and enforce that decision.

Second, I had to take mommy to a doctor to get a proper diagnosis and get her on medication a sap.

Third, get an attorney so I may become the POA for decision making and proper medical care decisions.

Lastly, no longer drive – oh boy, and there will be more bad news for her on the way, and I had to be the one to tell her.

No comments: