Thursday, September 11, 2008

Arizona Bound

Well I have been away from my husband for nearly a month now and it is finally time to go home. I've gathered all the necessary paperwork, packed all my mother’ belongings, and now its only one thing left to do - tell her we are going.

Well the thing is how to tell her we are going to live with me; this is a woman who never wants to re-locate from where she has lived for over 50 years. She often tells me that she wants to live in her house till she dies and she would never move. Who could blame her she is leaving the only place that she has called home with her husband for so many years and now she is being told she has to go.
This is a very painful and a bitter pill for her to swallow in which I understand and sympathize with her. Her safety comes first with me making my decision a very easy one.

A Nursing home is OUT OF THE QUESTION I will not put my mother in one of those places, and she did not want a nurse because she did not want a stranger to live with her. This left her with only one option and that was to live with me. I do have a brother who lives in Atlanta but we both agreed that coming with me would be the best choice.
So now back to my issue, what to tell mommy? If I tell the truth, oh man; that will not be good she would want to argue and I already went through and learned my lesson. I knew I would have to come up with something that she could live with.
I got it!! Mommy we are going on vacation! Let’s just get away for a while and think about what the doctor said later and just have fun for a while. This is what I told her and she accepted it and she was just as happy as she could be about getting away by visiting me. The plane ride was wonderful, the drive on the way to the house was great and relaxing, but it was all about to change.

The real trouble started the next day.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my dear what a difficult situation.
And setting out with a white lie...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by, I love my boys (cats) too. Their the best company. Have a great week end.

ps. How's live in Arizona? Sometimes I think I'll like to retire there.

Lori said...

Hello Laane :)

Yes, the white lie - did not like it but I had no choice not a very good time to be in - Thank you so much for visiting and your comment and have a blessed week

Lori said...

Cute little Smokie and Tiger :)

Hello there
Yes it is great here except in the summer :( just do not like that heat but the other 9 months are the best and it is beautiful here as well.
See you soon...

Patricia Rockwell said...

I really empathize with your situation. My husband had to bring his Mom to live with us when his Dad died. My sister brought our Mom to live with her when our Dad died. I guess the question is how much truth can your Mom handle? Is she suffering from dementia? Will telling her the truth make it difficult for her to travel? You and you alone can answer these questions. I wish you luck. It is a difficult journey.

Lori said...

Thank you Patricia so much for your comment, it meant a lot to me

foongpc said...

Hi, thanks for visitng and leaving a comment on my blog!
Sorry to hear about your mom. I guess you have no choice but to come up with a white lie. I hope things will work out well : )

Paul Eilers said...

It is admirable that you will not put your mother in a nursing home.

God bless.

Lori said...

Hello Paul,

Thank you so much for saying that.

God Bless you as well.