Thursday, September 11, 2008

Children

I have found that children are the best thing ever till they become teenagers then they are from another planet. Then sometime down the road comes the grandchildren every parent’s dream of at least for me.

There are no words for grandchildren they can do no wrong and are beyond precious. I can hear my daughters saying "hey mommy if we did that when we were kids we would have gotten into trouble" implying that I let the grand babies get away with murder. Well I do.

I was a single mother rearing two girls and for the life of me I look back and I wonder how I did it. Later in life I was blessed to re-marry and inherit 3 additional children.

As I watched them grow I've heard them say enough things that would give a comedian enough material for 20 years. In thinking back, when I was there ages I remember asking my father: Daddy when the Cubs grow up are they going to be Bears? I am speaking of the Chicago Cubs baseball and Chicago Bears football teams. My friend used to believe that when it thundered that God was re-arranging the furniture. Out of the mouths of babes, just hilarious.

Now that they have grown older they have developed quirks that I just find unbelievable and I do not know where they got it from. One baby does not like anyones feet to touch her or having them even touched by others, can you believe that? Another baby eats her food one item at a time because she likes no mixture of her food of any kind.

By the way let me explain I call all of children babies, they have gotten used to it so now it is baby one - four (we lost one son) at the age of only 21.

So you tell me what kind of quirks do your children have?

2 comments:

Katol said...

Scary... I am crossing my toes and fingers that the babies and I will not end up #&$(#*$(#ing each other when they become bigger teens.

Lori said...

Ahhhh don't worry that won't happen. Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment